Hey guys! I am loving all of your comments! Keep them coming! In this post I'm going to tell you guys a little about shopping in India! First of all,here they use rupees instead of dollars, and there are about 45 rupees in a dollar. Now, every week we go grocery shopping about two or three times. We also have to go to a few different stores to get everything. For example, one store might have cleaning supplies, but no meat. Another store may have meat, but not much in the way of produce. It is a full time job to shop here, but it's loads of fun! We have quite a few things here that you may not have expected, such as peanut butter, beef, pizza places, ice cream, candy, chocolate, Lay's potato chips, and much more! Some things we don't have are Reese's, Cheez-Its, American marshmallows, lunch meats, hot dogs, Reddi-whip, and a few more things. You can get some of those "we don't have things" at imported goods stores, such as Reddi-whip for $10! Overall, they have a wide variety of foods here. I'm even enjoying Indian food more and more! Eating with your hands is fun, too! About shopping at stores without fixed prices... it's so much fun! Talking people down on prices is my favorite thing to do now! Getting a good deal has a whole new meaning! Most street shops' prices are flexible, but they start sort of high. It's funny to walk up to a rickshaw driver, (see pic in pics section!) and him give us a super high price. Then I start talking him down, and he laughs a little as I talk! It's a lot of fun! There is only one Wal-Mart in India. I think it's in New Delhi. Anyway, they need a Target here :)! That's a little bit about shoppping here! I have lots of post ideas already jumbled around in my head, so there is more to come! Also, check out the Photos section. I'm still working on the Videos. Don't forget to comment!
haha Andy I can see you going up to everyone trying to get them to decrease their prices :) sounds like fun
ReplyDeleteI looked at your pictures! Thanks for uploading them! It was alot of fun looking at them! Makes me wanna come visit! Keep blogging :)
ReplyDeleteHEY MAN.... HAHA I BET IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO HAVE A SUPER WAL-MART THERE. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT POST.
ReplyDelete